Friday 17 June 2016

Favourite Dance Costumes



In 2014, i had my first ever dance show with my dance school, and i had a lot of costumes that i absolutely fell in love with. The show was called 'Back To The Future' and as you can probably guess, it was a series of dance numbers to songs throughout the time; for example we did multiple dances to Britney Spears and Michael Jackson. So this post today as you can already guess from the title is about my favourite costumes from the show.


My favourite was my ballet costume, which was the most expensive costume out of all the 13 odd dances we did. I think it was my favourite because it was my first ever ballet costume, so having one made it really special for me. I really loved the netting and detail of the costume, i also really liked the lace that goes over the tutu, its not really noticeable when your looking at it, but when your wearing it you really see the details. Putting it on made me feel like a proper ballerina, and it was quite comfortable to wear believe it or not. One would think that the costume looks itchy or hard to put on and it was the complete opposite. The head piece was really cute as well, the one i was given had a netting that dropped over your face a little bit, and i felt so sophisticated. This dance was done to 'Vogue' by Madonna


Another one of my favourite costumes was the lyrical piece. I don't really think this picture does it enough justice if I'm completely honest. Again, i think i may be really biased because these were my first ever show costumes but i was absolutely in love with this dress. It was so soft, silky almost and i just loved dancing in it. It was like it followed you as you danced (if that makes any sense). The lyrical piece was to 'Human Nature' by Michael Jackson, so it matched it incredibly well. The colour in real life is a lot more aqua looking, i thought it was generally just an amazing costumes and i loved dancing in it. 


Lastly, is the Charleston piece we wore. I couldn't find a model with the costume on so i decided to use a picture of me at a competition. My favourite thing about this costume was the head piece, i thought it was realty beautiful, you can't really see all the details in this picture. However, it's got this gem/diamond aspect to it. The costume overall really matched the theme because it gives off every ounce of Charleston which i think was really brilliant. The colour is also something i like about the costume, i thinks its really unique which makes it look a little bit more modern. As much as i love it, i would have preferred for there to be a lot more bling on the dress, i think that would have made it even more amazing. 


I hoped you loved seeing some of my old costumes ad hearing what i have to stay about them. 
Thank you for reading this post!
Let me know what your favourite costumes are, and if you have any of your own that you love.
Don't forget to follow me on all my social media's and Bloglovin!



8 comments :

  1. Love the green dress.

    xo
    Allie
    https://alliesfashionalley.com/2016/06/smoother-butts-love-coconuts/

    ReplyDelete
  2. The black dress is my favourite! It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love dance ! It's such a beautiful art ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It can be quite difficult sometimes but I do love it a lot xo

      Delete