Friday 10 June 2016

MET GALA OUTFITS 2016




I know I’m very late with the whole Met Gala event, but I thought i'd give my comments about what I thought. Personally, I think the Met Gala outfits this year varied a lot. There were some that I thought were absolutely stunning and others that I thought didn’t look that great. So I’ve made a list of Met Gala outfits that I fell in love with and ones that I didn't think were that great, I couldn’t do all of them because there were hundreds of people there but I chose the ones that really stood out to me. I’m not a fashion guru, however I do find I fun comments on peoples outfits and expressing my thoughts about them.


  MY FAVOURITES

CLAIRE DANES
Her dress has to be one of my all time favourites. The fact that it lights up in the dark had me head over heels! It was made by Zac Posen, and he did and absolutely splendid job in making such a signature dress and Claire Wore it so beautifully. Bravo!



NINA DOBREV
Marchesa do absolutely stunning designs, I follow their instagram page so I love to see all of the dresses that they make. Nina pulled this dress of really beautifully, and it was simple yet had a lot of detail to it. Nina looked really gorgeous in it.



KYLIE JENNER
Kylie looked really classy with her met gala dress. She was in Balmain, and I really liked that fact that it had the diamond/sparkle feel to it, it was very glamorous. Her hair and make up was simple which I thought was nice because it didn’t over power the dress too much.



ROSE BYRNE
I’m not a fan of wearing silk myself, but it Rose really pulled it off. She looked so stunning. The off gold colour (bronze?) really suited her skin tone and I though that her lipstick gave the attire a pop of colour which was cute, it was generally just a beautiful Ralph Lauren dress.




BELLA HADID
Her Givenchy dress was really classy and elegant, the base of the dress is my favourite part. The base had a sort of cloud effect? Im not really sure how to describe it but I really liked it. On the other hand, the shoes that she decided to wear im still not sure how I feel about them, it looked like she slipped a long sock over some heels in my opinion. 


AMBER HEARD
She was also in Ralph Lauren, the material was very similar to the dress that Rose Byrne chose, but it was a different style. What really made the whole outfit look brilliant for me was her hair it looked absolutely perfect.



KATE UPON
She is in one of my favourite movies, ‘The Other Woman’ and her Met dress was from TOPSHOP which I was a bit surprised by. I didn’t know Topshop would make such beautiful dresses. It was really simple and elegant, it wasn’t really over powering like I would say Kylie’s dress was, her hair was also done really beautifully.



CHLOE GRACE MORTEZ
An amazing actress who also had a beautiful Met dress, I love dresses that have that sort of flowiness to them, so hers was definitely on that I liked, and she was in Coach.



MET GALA OUTFITS THAT WEREN’T SO GREAT
* in my opinion *

DEMI LOVATO
I absolutely love demi’s music and usually her fashion style too, but for me this Moschino dress didn’t really do it at all for me. I really dislike the orange/yellow details on the dress, I feel like without it the dress would have been a lot better, it looked really metallic and didn't look as elegant as i could have. But i think Demi pulled it off well, and her makeup and hair was done beautifully.


MADONNA
Her attire was Givenchy and I really did not like it at all. I adore Madonna, but I have nothing pleasant to say about this outfit. The boob and butt cut out wasn’t very appealing to the eye in my opinion, but her hair did look really nice. Without the cuts outs I think it would have been a bit more appealing, however Madonna has always been a very extravagant, so this compliments her personality well.


 All the images were taken from Getty Images, All rights Reserved

 Let me know what your favourite Met Gala dresses were in the comments.
Don't forget to follow me Bloglovin' and all my social media's!





No comments :

Post a Comment